SO if you are a following reader you already know, but I AM PREGNANT!! :) :) I am just entering my second trimester and truly have been so excited that my husband and I are having our first child.
BUT with the excitement comes a little bit of nervous or scared energy! I mean come on, I have never been a parent before! I will not make every decision in life not just for myself or my husband but also for our child, who is its own being!! THAT IS A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITY!!
Some people, or a lot of people, make it seem like you are not suppose to be anything but super thrilled! and I don't think that is very fair! It is very scary to have something all new happening with your mind and body plus planning for giving your little one the best life you can!
Well, I finally found some comfort in being HONEST about those feelings!! I am an avid follower of Kate who writes The Small Things Blog and she posted a recent post about her second pregnancy and she made one comment that really really hit home with me!
The post is about the beginning of her second pregnancy and how it came about and how she feels about it. She made the statement "96% of me is very excited, and the other 4% is a bit nervous, if I’m being totally honest."
This statement is EXACTLY how I feel!!! and you know what, it is FINALLY nice to hear someone else say it! I have had all this guilt that I am nervous and a little bit scared because I am totally thrilled and I really haven't ever wanted anything as much as I wanted this pregnancy for our family. I am glad to know that I can be honest!!!
Kate has some great advice in regards to her first pregnancy and parenting (also awesome fashion and beauty tips too)!! I highly recommend following her blog! And a special thanks to Kate for being honest and letting me know that it is ok and normal to be honest too!!!